Monday, July 5, 2021

LILY-ISMS: May 2021 edition

I'm organizing myself.
Preparing to go down the fireman's pole at the playground

After Brynnie turns 3, she'll be much kinder. And much share-ier.

Hallie is so quiet and convenient.

I'm just going to be practicing my karate moves.

NO! Don't move the dresser! It's the animals' SECRET LAB!!
We were rearranging the furniture in the room that she does daily rest time in. 

I think you'll look so ridiculous in these shoes but also SO GORGEOUS.
I had new shoes, and these were her thoughts.

Look at that car in front of you! It's winking.
The blinker on the car in front of us.

We get to stay up early!!
Stay up late

When you're 3, you're more clever and interesting, Brynna.

Erin: What did your message to me say?
Lily: You're very kind hearted, and so nice, and how about we go to the park?

Oh there's where Bo got off to!

We're going to do Kindergarten and 8-year-old school!
8-year-old school = 3rd grade

In Jacob's dream, angels were sending up and sending down.

I miss those days where we would sit on the couch and read Off the Road Sides.
Off the Road Sides = Where the Sidewalk End

Mommy is letting you practice your babysitting with her children.
Said to Barbara, who was staying with the girls so Brad and I could go to Wilmington for a couple nights

Did you know we're all prepperated?
Prepared 
for "camping" in bedroom floor

I shot Claire's stomp rocket over Hallie Mountain.
Hallie Mountain = Hallie

I said Amiee caught a bug (illness)
What kind of bug did she get?
As if it were a pet

Hi, Costco Cabinet! Are you empty?
We have a big cabinet that we call our Costco Cabinet, as it houses mostly large quantities of pantry items that we get at Costco.

Claire: I want to make a cat!
Brynn: I want to make a turtle!
Lily: I want to make a GAZELLE!
Choosing animals for an art project

Claire: (long discussion about hating mosquitoes)
Lily: Oh! Or, we could think about ducks!

Lily: Did you make up your bed?
Erin: Nope!
Lily: Great! You remembered!
We've gotten into the habit of having a couple minutes of Mommy-Lily time by making up my bed together. I have to actively remember not to make it up without her. 

Can we do that thing with the faces? (filters on Instagram) It's been a skinny minute.

Points to Meredith on Parent Trap
This girl is a mean-compoop.
"Mean-compoop" pronounced like "nincompoop"

I don't want to ride in the buggy. It's more fun hopping through Costco!

There's A GAPING HOLE in my art!!

Guys? I like going on trips. Even trips that are boring. Like Costco, the grocery store. Those kind of trips that are boring. I like trips that are together.

I like that silence a minute ago.
After playing the quiet game that was quickly broken by someone

You broke the silence!

This is SO SCRUMPTIOUS!

Talking about our afternoon plans
Apropos of nothing
Why is gravity real?

The paper airplane flew gracefully, then settled nicely into the rocking chair and got comfortable.

Looking for Jessie (Toy Story) doll
I saw a little arm... Pulled on it... And with a yell of "JESSIE!"... I pulled her out!

Apropos of nothing
What's a vagrant?

Look, I tore off the wrapping.
Peeled a grape

I was about to cry but I holded back the tears.

In a fat minute, can we play a game?
Fat minute = opposite of skinny minute

Yes! The Crawfords! They LOVE us!

Lord help us!
Said in reference to something Brynn did

Hey, Claire. I've been yearning to ask you if I can play with this.

Erin: Lily... Do you have pizza in your eyebrow?
Lily: Oh! Yes! I do!

I'm going to paint Aslan STANDING FIRM with the kids!

Huge sigh, on our way home from a picnic with friends
What a wonderful time we had!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...