Friday, July 30, 2021

Erin-and-Brad-ish things from May

In a span of 5 days, we celebrated Brynna's birthday, multiple days of Brad's graduation activities, Mother's Day, and my birthday. WHEW. May is busy for everyone, I know. Coming out of pandemic scheduling (i.e. not much of anything) into this year's May craziness was a shock to my system.

My birthday was two days after Mother's Day, and I came downstairs to this sweet pile of presents wrapped by the girls:

They used boxes they could find around the house + hair bows from our stash. It is THE sweetest when they do that.

I had lots of kind Facebook birthday wishes, including this fun collage from one of my college roommates.

Bill and Barbara drove over so that they could stay with the girls for us for a couple of nights. Brad and I had always planned to go on a celebratory trip when he graduated, but the trip that we had always envisioned wasn't really a possibility this year, so we decided to go to Wilmington, NC (on the coast) for 48 hours until we can make a bigger trip happen sometime in the future.

This stowaway came with.

I pretty exclusively took pictures of her.







We were only there for 48 hours, and I spent 7 of those hours fighting a migraine. That was disappointing, but we rallied the best we could and ate a lot of good food.

Brad's brother and his wife sent this beautiful charcuterie board as a graduation gift! And then, my friend, Katie, stopped by with flowers and coffee for a birthday visit. 

At the beginning of June, Brad and I were able to go to a wedding! Well, we couldn't go to the actual wedding ceremony, but we went to the reception! Maskless and with people. It was SO MUCH FUN. 



It was fun to get to celebrate things with Brad. Really grateful for all of the thoughtful gifts, the babysitters, and opportunities. It was great to be normal-ish again!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...