Thursday, August 5, 2021

Arts and crafts and tea and such-like

Something I learned this summer: even when we're not doing school, we need structure and some planned activities so that we (read: me/I) don't lose my mind. To that end, I started assigning a <very loose> "theme" to each day. Mondays became our Kiwi Crate days, and Tuesdays became our craft days. Gran gave us Kiwi Crate subscriptions at Christmas, and I decided to save them up for a few months so that I could do ~one/week when summer rolled around. Summer Erin was VERY GRATEFUL to Winter Erin for that idea. 


The perfect Kiwi activity for Lily. She LOVED this one!

A lot of the Kiwi activities that Brynnie gets are great school-ish activities that I'm excited to use with her this year for pre-K3.

Claire made her own stomp rocket!



Camping-themed crate






Paper scrap art



Our children's ministry included some coloring pages in our Pentecost kits, but we leveled up and did watercolor because we're extra like that.



Kiwi Mondays and Craft Tuesdays went well, so we added in Tea Party Wednesday:


We use Brad's espresso cups for our DECAF tea.



(Sometimes followed by ABC Mouse)

We've done a lot more of these crates, crafts, and tea times, but I don't have pictures of everything. It turned out to be a great way to structure our days without causing massive amounts of extra work for me. And I *think* the girls really enjoyed it all. 

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...