Friday, August 20, 2021

Around here lately: June 2021 edition

Goldilocks : Blonde
As in "Hallie and Brynnie are goldilocks, and Lily and I are brown-headed."

Oh! I've got to put in chocolate chips. Ms. Julie's a special person, and she deserves a special banana bread.

I think I know who Lily and I are now. We're the science-y, baking-things people.

Each time I open the cabinet, it greets me with a lovely, bakery smell.
Our cabinet with the baking supplies

I like making cookies for people who are nice. It's part of my DNA.

I'm really fond of the How to Train your Dragon soundtrack.

It's driving me frustrated.

I want to be a polyglot.
She asked what a person who likes studying languages is called.

Mid-ager
The stage before becoming a teenager

I dubbed it the "cranker."
A tool used when she had her cavity filled last year

Let me unheat the oven.
Turn off the oven

I'm wearing my book shirt again this week. I like to read so much, and when we see people, I want them to know!

The teaspoon is very popular.
Referring to how often recipes call for a teaspoon of something

Those little guys can be a big help!
Referring to the miniature figures on Night at the Museum 2


First time watching Jeopardy

You know, a little bit of everything can make a lot of taste.
Her thoughts during the baking process

Oh, that Bo. She is just a sweetie.
Bo = my sister

If the cat cafe thing doesn't work out, I'm going to be a firefighter.

Mommy, I'll have an easy time being a mommy because I've watched you do such a good job!
I pretty much could not handle that one. 

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...