Thursday, August 26, 2021

Brynnie chats: June 2021 edition

You need to giddy up, Horse.
To me, while sitting on my back

I got up to walk away 
Please don't go! I'll eat you up, I love you so!
This is a quote from Where the Wild Things Are, for the uninitiated

Then I'll not be your bestest friend!
Her current threat to anyone who doesn't do her bidding

Erin: You are so good at puzzles.
Brynn: Yes, I am, my darling.




Brad: Geez, when did you turn 14??
Brynn: On my birthday. Nana and Poppy sang me a lovely song.

I have no which way to get out of here.

Called Lily a nincom-teetee (as opposed to nincompoop)
Text I sent to my Mom:

I just followed up with Brynn about calling Lily a nincom-teetee yesterday, and she said, "but then I called her a good boy, Mommy!"

Erin: Go wash your hands.
Brynn: Even my thumbs!

Playing with our Lite Brite
The pink and blue is striking!

I'm coming over here. Make some room for me.

To Hallie
Don't worry, little fellow

Claire: This fort is a mansion!
Brynn: Oooh! Where ma cherie lives!
She's very into Fancy Nancy and Claris. And we love Madeline, too. We're just surrounded by the French.




Socks...

Moogie : nose boogie

No pants, please, NO PANTS!
She will only wear dresses and skirts now.

Coloring book, coloring princess's shoes yellow
Look! She has blonde shoes.

Erin: Brynnie, did you just tell Daddy that you don't love him?
Brynn: Noooo. My FEET don't love him.

Brynn: Will you read me a book?
Erin: Sure!
Brynn: Will you read Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak?

I'm water scaping.
Water skating... Water skiing

Will you hold my dings?
Dings : metal pot lids that she was playing with at the park. When you clap them together, they ding.

We need to get some tickets to go where the wild things are!

Amiee: These shoes are so cute!
Brynn: Just like ME!

Erin: I need to put Hallie down for nap.
Brynn: NO! She's my bestest friend!



No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...