Monday, December 19, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We spent Thanksgiving with Brad's family in east Tennessee this year. Although we live in the same state, it still takes about 6 hours to get there from Jackson. The drive was long, but the countryside definitely grows quite beautiful along the way. To break up the monotony of the road, we listened to my audiobook of The Silver Chair.

Brad, Tim, and Rachael started Thanksgiving morning off with a peppy little Turkey Trot (5k). I abstained. Our meal was delicious, and we definitely ate on it for days. I was very proud of my moderate eating at lunch. I wasn't so proud of my fairly frequent snacking afterwards.

Friday was spent putting up Christmas decorations and watching more than a few James Bond movies. It was not spent shopping, by any stretch. However, Brad did a few warm-up laps around the internet, in preparation for Cyber Monday. He's a whiz at shopping online.

Saturday was a fun little outing to the Biltmore! The Boswells only live a little over an hour from Asheville, so we went and spent the day exploring the Biltmore and it's grounds. It was so interesting, and I particularly enjoyed the 55 Christmas trees scattered throughout the house. Some were extremely pretty and some were extremely...not as pretty.

Too bad the tour buses shatter the lovely panoramic view.

It was a bit windy.

Poinsettia tree in the greenhouse.

Aslan...isn't he looking spiffy?

We headed back to Jackson on Sunday, and it took forever because of all the RAIN. The traffic itself wasn't nearly as frustrating as all of the precipitation clouding the windshield. We were a little cranky about that.

However, the later-than-planned arrival at home and the cranky attitudes did not stop us (mostly me) from dragging out all of our Christmas decorations and starting to deck the halls! About 1/3 of the way into decorating, though, I lost steam and left it all in the center of the living room while I went to bed.

Never fear! The house is very bedecked right now. We love it. Perhaps I'll eventually get pictures up...

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...