Friday, December 9, 2011

Üdvözöljük a Magyar!

Hungarian is one of the world's most difficult languages to learn. I mean, check out the title today; all that says is "Welcome to Hungary." It would take a long time to master Hungarian, I do believe.

I was so excited that the last stop on our European trip was Hungary. I love Hungary. I was able to visit for a while when I went on a visa run in 2009 (for posts about that trip, read here, here, here, here, here, and here). It was such a fun and interesting break from "normal" life (and, consequently, was comforting to me when I got cheated- by volcanic ash- out of my much-anticipated vacation with Breanne in April 2010).

In an awesome turn of events, Brad and I were able to stay with Cile and Glenn, who I've had connections with for years (through my friend, Kari, their daughter). They offered to let us stay with them, and we had a fantastic time! We arrived on Sunday afternoon and essentially just hung out and rested. It was marvelous. We had a delicious lunch (the leftovers of which we ate for dinner), watched Diary of a Mad Black Woman (can you believe Brad had never seen it??), and capped off the evening with several episodes of The Mentalist.

The next day was our shortest fair of the trip (International Christian School of Budapest) and more hanging. Tuesday and Wednesday were spent frolicking around Budapest. I'll be posting pictures and some good stories soon!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...