Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas! And resolutions recap.

At the beginning of 2011, I made a list of resolutions. Really, they were more like goals, rather than lifestyle changes, but "New Year's Goals" doesn't sound right. These were my goals (and the level to which I met...or didn't meet...them):

1. Get married. That's right. I chose that as my #1.
*Done.

2. Read a book per month. Although reading is my absolute favorite, and I majored in reading (for all practical purposes), I usually have very little time for it.
*Fail...I've read 7 books, which puts me 5 behind. Maybe I'll roll those over to 2012's goals?

3. Write a post a month on my stories-from-my-time-in-Ukraine blog. There are so many stories swirling around in my head, and I HAVE to write them down before I forget them all.
*Fail. I wrote one. Shame on me. My memory is starting to get fuzzy already. Somebody make me do this one, please.

4. Use my sewing machine more. I really enjoy sewing and need to make time for it.
*DONE. Gee whiz, I've used it so much recently, It almost sounded as though it asked me not to make it do work again last night.

5. Sort through all of my saved memorabilia from college and keep only that which is most important. I really love to scrapbook (little known Erin fact), but I need to buckle down and do it before all of my scraps pile up and suffocate me!
*Eh. I tried. Does that count?

6. Write more cards and letters. I used to write cards all the time in college, but I haven't gotten back into the habit as thoroughly since returning from Ukraine.
*This may be cheating, but I wrote about 300 wedding thank yous, so yeah, I think I did this one.

7. Rent and watch the movies that are on my I-wanted-to-see-that-but-never-did list.
*I think I did this once (?). For this next year, I should maybe make an actual list.

8. Order something other than my usual when at my favorite Mexican restaurants in Jackson (maybe not every time...maybe every other time. Y'all don't be too legalistic about this one with me!).
*Done: Fajita quesadilla, tacos carne asada, COMBINATION fajitas.

9. Finish a big puzzle.
*Brad and I have done two 1000 puzzles with his mom and sister. I think we were only around for the completion of one of them, though.

10. Make a new friend. I know that sounds lame. I just need a goal to make sure I don't just become too comfortable with my status quo/become too Erin-focused.
*I made two.

11. Finish my time-intensive I'm-getting-married gift for my parents. :) This one actually has a deadline, I guess.
*Done. I think they liked it.

I've been working on my list for next year. I hope I haven't been too ambitious...The point is to push myself, right? Right. That's what we'll call it.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...