Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year...New Goals (mostly)

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great time ringing in the new year. I barely stayed awake long enough. I know. Party animal. New Year is HUGE in Ukraine, and I always had to rest up beforehand. Ukrainians take their New Year partying seriously. I take my sleep time seriously.

Since last posting, I've updated and "finalized" my list of goals for this year. Let's see how well I do this time around (especially since I don't have a given like "get married" on this list...):

1. The biggest goal is probably the joint goal I have with Amiee- our clothing challenge. We're planning to post our weekly outfits on Fridays, so be looking for this week's outfit in just a couple of days.

2. Since I sort of failed at my "read a book a month" goal last year, I'm going to give it another try this year.

3. Because Brad and I like cooking and eating, we're setting a goal of trying (to cook) a new (to at least one of us) ethnic dish each month. Looking forward to this one.

4. I want to make a t-shirt quilt out of our Union t-shirts that we no longer wear.

5. I've been working on a scrapbook of our wedding cards. The goal is to actually get it finished this year.

6. I'd like to visit a new city (of interest...not just a small town that we stop through to fill up our gas tank) or state.

7. I have a set of beautiful antique dining chairs whose seat upholstery has seen better days. Reupholstery is on the agenda!

8. Three skills I want to acquire/strengthen this year: a) cutting Brad's hair b) calligraphy and c) skillful operation of a motor vehicle with a manual transmission (I can do this one, but it's very rough. Very rough.).

Those are the primary goals. I have several smaller goals, but these are goals I definitely want to see through. Hopefully, I'll have some kind of update on them soon...

In other- completely unrelated- news, I learned over Christmas that 20lb dogs can eat up to 250 lbs of WHITE chocolate before there are dangerous side effects. My parents' dog, Bingley (30 lb Corgi who I like to think of as part my dog), sneaked away from us, got into a package of Andes peppermint white chocolate mints, and ate 20 of them- wrappers and all! We immediately started googling what kind of side effects this would have on him and discovered the bit about 250 lbs and white chocolate.

Bingley seemed very satisfied with his choice of a snack. I probably would be, too...minus the wrappers.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...