Thursday, January 12, 2012

Have I mentioned this before?

Where will we live?

I don't think I've mentioned much about the potential relocation plans Brad and I are in the midst of. Brad is in the throes of graduate school applications, which are beastly. His applications to all of the schools are extremely similar, but they all require tweaking of some sort. SO, he can't simply copy and paste. I was doing a darn good job of editing his applications at first; somewhere along the way (probably after the 32nd time of reading the same passage), I lost my objectivity.

He applied and was accepted to Duke Divinity last year, but after a lot of prayer, we felt that we were supposed to stay in Jackson for another year. That was fine by me, seeing as I LOVE my job and will cry big, ugly, crocodile tears when I have to move out of my office. It will not be pretty. Not because my office is awesome, of course. It's got new carpet...but very little other intrinsic awesomeness. I just love my job. Funny side note about my office, though: I have several things hanging in my office that have Russian script on them. I've had them in my office for basically the whole time I've had this job. At the end of last school year, a student (who had literally be in my office dozens of times) asked me, "Hey, is that sign in Hebrew?"

I tried not to laugh.

So, this year, Brad is applying to quite a few schools in quite a few different locations. Only one is located south of the Mason-Dixon line, which I find terribly ironic, seeing as Brad HATES (as in, LOATHES and DESPISES) cold weather. Good thing I have a lot of cold weather gear in my closet. Mercifully, the remaining 3 applications are due in the next week. That puts a lot of stress on Brad this week, but it means that we'll be done (I say "we," but really, my participation has been minimal) with the paperwork and will just have to do the waiting on the where-are-we-going-to-live-next-year responses from schools. As much as I don't want to leave my job and our church, I'm interested to see what state I'll call home next year (let's be real, though: I'll probably always say I'm from Alabama.). There are six different states in the running, so there's no telling.

The options are: Massachusetts, North Carolina, Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Missouri. I'm taking votes and predictions, so let me know what you think!

Image from here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to vote Missouri, because it would be awesome to reside in the same state! - Krista

Mindy said...

I'm voting North Carolina because it's an easy drive to/from Virginia!

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...