Friday, January 13, 2012

The Rawr Challenge

I spent quite a while this week going back and forth over what this week's character should be. Unlike Amiee, my closet isn't quite as primed for this activity. I landed on one (albeit very last-minute), and I really like it.

Guesses? Hint: this wasn't an original idea...even just two weeks into the challenge...

I shamelessly copied Amiee's outfit from last week (with my own take on it, of course) and went with...

Beast! Also, do we know what kind of creature he's supposed to be, anyway? I've never really thought about it too much, but now that we're into this challenge, I'm paying a lot more attention to these things. What is he?

Breakdown this week:

Character: Beast from Beauty and the Beast

Outfit:
* Navy cardigan/shrug/wispy jacket-y thing from 2010 for almost nothing at Papaya
* White top from 2011
* Yellow belt from Kyleigh's clothing benefactress who passes along fancy designer duds that Kyleigh generously shares.
* Brown skirt from 2009 (I think my mom got it for me at Wal-Mart and brought it to me in Ukraine)
* Fancy brown boots also from Kyleigh's surplus stash. Thanks, Kyleigh!

Disneybound inspiration board:

I have to say, I loved this outfit so much (and shamelessly basked in compliments- you'd think I never looked cute, the way people commented!) that I'm going to have to work really hard to come up with outfits that I like as much.

Amiee isn't posting today, but, in her defense, she is scampering around Italy and doesn't have time (I take back my defense of her...we should all be jealous and hold her lack of posting against her. Who's with me??). However, I do happen to know that she packed carefully so as to take two characters with her. She'll be posting those two when she returns.

So- opinions? Who wins so far: Ariel or Beast?

Images from here and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...