Friday, January 27, 2012

The Conscience Challenge

Good news! Amiee is back in the country! She has quite a story to tell about her adventures...hopefully, she'll be able to start chronicling them soon. Since she's gotten back, she has been jet-lagged, sick, and finishing up projects from the trip to turn in for class credit. And, she's also been doing all this from the comfort of the air mattress in our spare room/office. Bless her. (Qualification: we have a fancy shmancy air mattress. It's sort of like this one.) I don't know when she'll be able to get her character pictures up, but keep checking in here for her updates.

Even though she's been traipsing around Italy, I, as you know, have been firmly committed to our cause. And by "cause," I really just mean project. Here's my outfit from this week:

Note: I pose very awkwardly in pictures by myself. It's going to be a long year, if I don't learn how to pose better. This outfit looked a LOT better in person. Yikes.

This is another old school character that many of the younger generations may not even recognize. Also, I should note that I don't particularly like this movie, as it scared me quite a lot as a child. However, I like this character, and I had the clothing for it. Guesses? No?

Jiminy Cricket! I did not have the top hat, unfortunately, but I did have quite a few of the other pieces, as you can see in this handy-dandy breakdown:

Character: Jiminy Cricket from Pinocchio

Outfit:
*Black blazer is circa 2006. I've actually worn it fewer times than a friend of mine from college; she needed one for several projects in college and ended up borrowing and wearing it more than me. I'm fairly certain that she actually had it in her room when the tornado hit, was able to get it back, and had it dry-cleaned before returning it. She's a great girl. Thanks to this project, I'm rediscovering pieces like this.
*Orange shirt is uncannily similar to the Disneybound board. I got it this past fall for about five dolla.
*Green scarf used to be Amiee's, but around Christmas, we went through each other's "I'm-going-to-give-this-away-unless-you-want-it" stuff, and I snagged this.
*Green earrings (that you can't see) are from Steinmart.
*Trouser jeans were a purchase near the very end of December 2011- before the No Buy rule took effect. Whew! (wipes brow dramatically)

Disneybound inspiration board:
I wore boots instead of Oxfords (mostly because that's what I have), but I think the top part of my outfit was pretty similar. Woo hoo!
Out of curiosity, were any of you Pinocchio fans? Or did you perhaps find the whole whale situation a bit frightening?

Also, we've decided that the month of February will be a theme month. It will also be a little bit off-book. Anybody want to take a guess? I dare ya.

Images from here and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...