Friday, January 20, 2012

The Pooch Challenge

I would like to interject that "the pooch" challenge is in reference to my character inspiration, not a comment on trying to get rid of the effects of too much Christmas eating or anything.

This week's character is ever-so-slightly more obscure than usual, and my outfit isn't quite as similar to the Disneybound moodboard as I usually go for. If you actually guessed my character correctly on the first try and without peeking, I'd be super impressed. I would also perhaps give you a prize.



The gray-black-white color palette was SO easy to pull out of my closet; I love my neutrals. This week, I was going for:

Tramp from Lady and the Tramp. Disclaimer: I was not going for the description of "tramp" or "trampy." I know I wore my tall boots, but come on, y'all. I was going for "classy street dog." How'd I do? Also, no one chimed in last week with any thoughts on what kind of creature Beast actually is...

Anyway, here's the weekly breakdown:
Character: Tramp from Lady and the Tramp
Outfit:
*Gray jacket from Santa this year (he got it from Dressbarn, if anyone was interested. On sale, too).
*White top...is the same as the top for Beast last week. It was clean this week. Promise.
*Black skirt is from (are you ready for this?) Old Navy, 2000. That's right. I've had that skirt for about 12 years. Am I being judged by anyone right now?
*Leggings are from last year, and the boots have been mine since 2008.
Disneybound inspiration board:

See what I mean about my outfit not really being similar to the board at all? In essence, I took the color palette and the color palette only. I did add my own touch to the accessories: the necklace I'm wearing is a necklace I got in Senegal that has my name on it in Arabic. Sort of like an identification collar without actually being a collar. If I get lost, at least whoever finds me will know what to call me. If they read Arabic, of course.
Any other Lady and the Tramp fans out there? I really loved it as a child. Jacques (the Scottie) was my favorite. And, because I was a child, I literally thought the parents' names were "Jim Dear" and "Darling."

Don't forget to stop by Amiee's blog sometime next week for her updates after her Italy trip!
Images from here and here.

3 comments:

Karen Tidwell said...

I did try to find it and according to my most authoritative source, wikianswers.com, he is a combination of beasts or some say more like a wildebeast. I remember seeing this movie as a child, I won't say which release date it was other than it was not the first. I saw where it is going to be released on Blu-ray on Feb. 7--I'm thinking Valentine present. Your outfit looks great, by the way, as did last week's.

Anonymous said...

I really like your jacket and your Santa.

SeƱora R

bo said...

A) You mean the parents' names weren't Jim Dear and Darling?

B) I still have a pair of dress slacks from Old Navy circa 1999. I wore them yesterday :)

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...