Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The moral of the story.

Today, I had a task to do that I just did. not. want. to. do. At all. When I got the task finished, I felt that I deserved a reward. I went to McDonald's to get one of those gloriously large, $1.00 sweet teas (and an Egg McMuffin). As I was driving onto campus to get back to work, I finally managed to get my straw unwrapped and take a swig of my tea (note: I realize that "swigs" are unlady-like, but that's just how I drink my tea.).

I was HEARTILY disappointed.

Why?

They gave me UNsweet tea. I called Mom to vent (yes, it's that big of a deal...I promise I'm not always this shallow), and here was the best quote/words of wisdom from my mother:

"The moral of this story is that you should ALWAYS go to Chick-fil-A."

Right on, Mom. And, I did. I ditched that unsweet tea in the CFA drive-thru and thoroughly enjoyed my new and fabulously sweet tea (which I paid for in coins...thankfully, CFA workers are trained to be nice at all costs).

Jot that lesson down for the future, kids. It's always going to be true. Right, Peggy?

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Dude. Your mom is smart.

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...