Friday, January 6, 2012

And so it begins: The Water-Logged Challenge

Amiee and I have officially started our "No Buy 2012" challenge and have both debuted our first character-inspired outfits. Amiee already posted hers here, and let me tell you: it's adorable. She had her well-planned out for quite a while, whereas mine just sort of came together. Here's my creation:

Any guesses on who I was going for? Hint: the fact that I'm so well-covered is very ironic.


In tribute to my favorite childhood Disney princess, my outfit was inspired by:

Ariel from The Little Mermaid! Or, as Sebastian would say, "Ah-ree-ehl." Here's a breakdown of my ensemble:

Character: Ariel
Outfit:
* teal/rhinestone-y top from 2010
* sand-ish colored pants from 2010
* purple scarf 2008 (Molly brought this to me from Peru!)
* red purse 2008 (graduation gift from our friend, Gannell)
* I'm not sure this counts, but I'm wearing a baobab tree charm from Senegal that I thought might look ever so slightly like a sea fan or coral or something.
Disneybound inspiration boards:


Sorry that I didn't have any exciting teal jeans to wear...actually, I'm not. I wouldn't wear them. I did enjoy busting out my red purse, though! It's like discovering a long-lost friend. Sigh.

Who will we be next week? Amiee already knows...I'm still working on mine. :)

Images found here, here, and here.

2 comments:

Amiee* said...

I love it! You brought such class to the underwater world!

Peggy said...

I totally see Ariel in your outfit!

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...