Sunday, December 4, 2011

Украина

I'm SO grateful that we had the opportunity to visit my beloved Ukraine on this trip. We did not have time or opportunity to make it to Poltava, but my friend, Nastia, was able to travel to Kiev for a visit. We were also able to visit with my friends the Rays for a few hours (I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture with them...can I chalk that up to having too much to talk about and not enough time for a picture?).

Our fair was at Kiev Christian Academy, which I was excited about. I have a lot of connections with KCA, so it was fun to see it in person. It was also fun to meet new folks that I'd never met before. We were traveling with Willem (the only other college rep that made the trip) yet again, which was a lot of fun. Incidentally, he and Brad wore yellow and blue for the fair (those are the colors of the Ukrainian flag, fyi). So cute, those two.

Saturday, we spent the whole day trekking around with Nastia. It was wonderful. I miss my life there.


Brad and I positively gorged ourselves. Nastia was probably embarrassed. Can't say that I blame her. We had vareneki, borsch, goluptsi, bleni, and carrot salad. Oh. My. Gosh. So good.

And...it snowed off and on all day. It was really wet and cold. Oi.

We left on Sunday morning, and had to be at the airport at 5:00 am, meaning we were up at 3:45. So, as we were very very hungry, we ate at the FRIDAY'S (WHAT??) in the airport for breakfast. And I'm not talking about breakfast food, y'all. It's a little shameful...

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...