Friday, May 11, 2012

The Birthday Hair Brushing Challenge

Amiee and I are in full "Leading Ladies" swing this month. This week, we did something special; because it was my birthday today, I put in some requests for characters. Here's me:


Guesses?


Rapunzel! Wait...let's try this version to see if you can visualize it better...


That's more like it. How good was Tangled?? I absolutely love it. So, in view of that, I enlisted the assistance of Brad and Amiee to complete the effect! Taken from this scene (ignore the foreign subtitles), I give you my assistants:


Check that smolder! And the satchel. He's channeling Flynn.


Looks just like him, right?


And how great is Amiee's Pascal shoulder-perch?


Technically, in this shot, he's perched on her knee, but that's really neither here nor there.


AND how about her Pascal-awakening skills? (Note: if you haven't seen the movie and didn't follow the link I posted above, you might want to do either of those options now in order to better understand this picture. Just sayin'.)


Group shot! It didn't work out so well for Brad...er...Flynn. Kinda like the Kingdom's attempts to capture his likeness.


Just can't ever get it quite right. Sheesh.

Character: Rapunzel from Tangled


Outfit:
*Purple ruffly shirt from Ross 2010
*Flower sweater from Target 2011
*Denim trousers from Ann Taylor Loft 2011
*Not pictured: green polka dotted flats from Old Navy 2007 (The shoes didn't exactly tie in, but they seemed whimsical, so I went with it!)

Disneybound inspiration board:


I realize that my outfit doesn't really look much like this one, but I DID manage to pull together floral (in my sweater), purple (under-the-sweater shirt), jeans, and flats.

Just for kicks, this is probably my favorite scene in the movie. I should really learn all of the words to the song, because I basically only know the part about brushing and brushing and brushing...that gets old after a short while. I'm sure Rapunzel would agree. :)


Hope you enjoyed the group effort! Be sure to check out Amiee's post. She ROCKED hers this week. People were coming up and guessing who she was on the spot. Many thanks to Brad and Amiee! You really really love me.


Images from here, here, here, here, and here

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...