Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Birthday superlatives!

Birthday 2012 was a huge success! Not only did I successfully complete another year of life, I had a great showing of love and support from family and friends. I felt very loved. Very very.

My parents and grammy were actually up for an ensemble concert of Amiee's, so they were a part of the birthday fun. My morning actually began with a doctor's appointment (nothing major...orthopedist for a cyst on my wrist. Don't get worried or excited.), so I didn't get into work for a few hours. When I did, Amiee had DECKED OUT my office with balloons, streamers, and signs! I'll include a picture of that soon (sorry it didn't make it into this post!), because it was awesome. People were stopping by all day long to check it out.

My parents took us (Amiee, Brad, and me) to lunch at Picasso's, which is a fantastic pizza place, where we also had cake. We had Mexican for dinner and finished off the evening with Amiee's concert. Oh. My. It was wonderful. Maybe I'll include a video, if you're very good.

I also got quite a few lovely goodies! I thought I'd present them in superlative form, for your reading enjoyment:

Most travel-esque: 
Mom and Dad got me an awesome travel bag that has a panel that lets you slip it easily over the handle of a rolling carry-on. Love it! I also got a travel wallet and a set of Boston City Walks. We can't wait to put those to use!


Most likely to turn into a date night:
Amiee got me this great bin full of snacks and The Help. Have you seen it? If not, you should. Even better, you should READ it. It's fabulous. Thanks, Amiee!


Most creative and best-friend-like:
Kat is the best of friends. She really is. She will literally travel to wherever I am to hang out with me (if you haven't checked out any of our Ukrainian adventures, may I suggest this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and THIS for a recap? There's some good stuff there. Anyway, she came to spend a birthday weekend with me, and my gift was a super set of special Erin and Kat stationery: blackmail letter stickers, map envelopes, and an invisible ink pen (with black light attached!). Can't wait to put it to use! You're the best, Kat. 


Most likely to benefit the 2012 Challenge:
Kylie and Kyleigh (I have several precious Kylie/leighs in my life) both contributed to my potential character paraphernalia! I love the colors and the textures. Can't wait to wear them! Love you, girls!


Most sacrificial gift:
My sweet Iranian friend gave me this gift of necklace and earrings...from her own jewelry box. I've told her several times how much I liked them/how cute they are, and she decided to give them to me. Made me tear up a bit.


Most likely to make us feel like we're in Mexico:
My in-laws gave me something I've had my eyes on for a while: tortilla maker! I canNOT wait to try it out. Gracias!!


I don't have a picture of my Brad gifts, but I'll get one at some point. It was a very blessed and wonderful birthday! And, if you come over, maybe I'll make you some tortillas. Or we'll watch The Help. Or something along those lines.

Happy Wednesday. :)

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...