Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pen Pal

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking at my friend, Kari's, blog. I've known Kari for about 9 years now and have followed her blogs from Senegal, the U.S., France, and now Senegal again. She has a list on the sidebar of her blog of other ex-pat friends from around the globe; I know some of these folks and some I don't. I've been checking out the blogs of those I know over the past few years, but recently, I branched out and read one that I hadn't read before: Shawn & Jenn in the Village.

I immediately loved it. They're in Senegal (the southern part...like the part of Senegal that goes under the Gambia), and her style is so fun and cute. I started going back through their archives and reading a bit about their lives and kept thinking, "I bet we would be friends if we knew each other."

So you know what I did?

I was very creepy and sent her a Facebook message.

Yes, I really did that.

And you know what? It turned out so well- she actually wrote me back AND wasn't creeped out. We started writing back and forth, and now I have a virtual pen pal. I love Senegal whole-heartedly, and it is so fun to have yet another friend (if I may be so bold) whose life I can follow as she (and her husband) sojourns there. If you get a chance, go give her a read. And, I bet if you're brave and send her a message, she'd write you back. ;)

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...