Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Oi.

I wish I had more interesting things to write about, but alas, my days look kind of like this right now:

1. Wake up- don't bother showering immediately because it will be nullified almost instantly.
2. Decide which room of total chaos and upheaval to tackle first.
3. Tape up packing boxes and assemble markers and newspaper to begin packing up boxes.
4. Pack a box.
5. Realize that it needs to be reorganized to include one thing or another and to exclude something else.
6. Add things to the give away pile.
7. Reconsider the items from number 6 and throw away a few of them.
8. Add things to the box of stuff to be stored at parents'/parents-in-laws' attics.
9. Become TOTALLY overwhelmed with the disheveled state of the room and quit- mid-repacking of box- and switch to a different room.
10. Repeat steps 2-9 several more times.

I've been mulling over the different moves I've made in my life, the lessons I've learned, and how very different each one has been. This move to Boston is, in many ways, more similar to moving from Ukraine to the U.S. than it is to moving within the U.S. Since we made the decision not to take our cars and considering my parents/Amiee are flying to/from Boston with us to help us move, we must err on the side of taking less than taking more, as there will be no way to return it back South to store. Kind of like how moving home from Ukraine meant that everything I wanted to bring home HAD to fit in the suitcases or it just wouldn't make it home. In a weird way, there's a kind of packing ultimatum that has me quaking in my boots a little bit.

I'm trying hard not to get buried under all of my boxes. Oi.



No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...