Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Lady with the Tiger Challenge

When we were little and preparing to move to the Middle East, someone gave us a certain video tape that Amiee watched over and over and OVER until it suddenly went...missing. I think my mother may have had something to do with its disappearance. Shady...

Here's last week's rather paltry attempt at the chosen princess:


And here are my shoes:


In my defense, I was traveling with my family last week and was a bit more limited in what I could pack. It's just barely picking up on the colors and themes of this gal:


She's so exotic and skinny! My goodness. So skinny. I do think it's kind of awesome that she has a pet tiger.

Character: Jasmine from Aladdin


Outfit:
*Blue top was a gift from Amiee in 2010. No idea where it hails from originally. I really love it, though.
*Gold/blue earrings from Santa 2011.
*Gold sandals from Ross 2010.

Disneybound inspiration board:


I realize that this outfit is very much a stretch. Interestingly, my Easter dress looks a little Jasmine-esque, so I thought I'd include it (in an attempt to redeem this week's sad attempt):


Here's a board to go with it:


See? Isn't that a bit better? The dress was a gift from my mom. She got it for something like $7. Crazy.

I think this week's outfit won't disappoint quite as much. Here's hoping!

Images from here and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...