Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Foxy Challenge

This title is such a misnomer for this week's picture. It's perhaps my least favorite picture I've taken thus far. I ended up having this picture taken at the end of a work day rather than in the morning beforehand. Thus, I'd already ditched the short-sleeved cardigan that I'd donned for work (I mean, the dress guidelines are more casual in the summer, but they're hardly this casual), and my hair had succumbed to the awesome humidity Jackson has been rocking recently. Boo.

The title is, however, very appropriately descriptive of my character:



Any guesses (based primarily on the blog title, seeing as how this isn't a terribly obvious outfit)? 


Maid Marian! I loved Robin Hood as a child. I very specifically remember loving how shiny and pretty all the loot was that Robin Hood and Little John scored. I really should re-watch it now, as I've been all the way through World Civilization I and II; I think it would be interesting to catch all the historical references and faux pas. Movie night, anyone?

Character: Maid Marian from Robin Hood
Outfit:
*Purple dress from Target 2011 (you may remember seeing it surface for this character back in February)
*Pink bracelet courtesy of a Mary Kay consultant many moons ago (it's really sparkly and I LOVE it)
*Pink necklace was a gift from Mom and Dad for a Valentine's Day when I was in college.
*Awkward pose is gratuitous. Sigh. I was trying to make sure my bracelet made it into the shot, and also channel the shyness of Maid Marian. Let's just say it's good I went into academics rather than striking poses. Unlike Amiee. It's totally her thing.

Disneybound inspiration board:


My self-imposed assignment this afternoon is to stay in my closet until I've chosen all of my outfits between now and moving day. Someone hold me accountable, please. By the way, if you've never checked out the Disneybound tumblr site that our outfit inspirations come from, you should take a quick peek sometime. She's terribly creative!

Also, I've already had one friend tell me she's begun perusing a Boston guidebook, with the intention of visiting. Woo hoo! Anybody else want to schedule a stay? :) (You know, other than both sets of parents and Kat. Of COURSE they're on the list!)

Images from here and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...