Friday, June 29, 2012

A little challenge creativity.

Amiee and I both agree that one of the fun parts of this year's challenge has been the element of creativity that we've discovered. I think I've mentioned before that the clothing challenge has definitely caused me to use my sewing machine more. That's been a lot of fun, actually! I inherited several pieces of clothing from various family members and friends that just needed a little tweaking here and there to make them Erin-ready. I'm definitely improving my skills.

One of my favorite "tweaks" required absolutely no work whatsoever. I had a skirt from my high school days that I absolutely loved. I didn't really want to get rid of it, but it was a little too short (like, hitting that awkward spot between calf and ankle) to be socially acceptable. I toyed around with some ideas for hemming it or turning it into a scarf or a headband.

Then, I had a breakthrough. I landed on my favorite option, and every time I wear it, I think that I'll never take it off. Yea, creativity!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...