Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Tiny Bird Challenge

I went rather colorful this week. Also, I didn't really think my outfit through before choosing a location for breakfast with Mom and Kyleigh. Here's what I wore:


It's kind of funny that I wore this because we went to a local place called Latham's. Latham's is primarily a meat market (true story) but also serves breakfast...its primary demographic being retired men. I was a little out-of-place with my color palate and level of dressiness. Oh well. Breakfast was awesome, and I fulfilled my purpose. Here's my character:


Not the raccoon- although his coloring does fit in better with my usual clothing choices.

Character: Flit from Pocahontas

Outfit:
Fun fact: The majority of my outfit were actually gifts from my mother at different times. 
*Brown skirt from Mom (via Wal-Mart, I think) circa 2009
*Teal shrug from Mom from Stein Mart, I think.
*Pink top from mom from...I don't know where.
*Sandals are from Senegal. We go way back.

Disneybound inspiration board:

A friend at church today said something that sort reminded me of wearing this outfit: "I think you should do something everyday that makes you uncomfortable." I sort of feel that this outfit was out of my comfort zone, but I'm still glad I did it. Be sure to check out Amiee's challenge updates, too!

Images from here and here.

1 comment:

Amiee* said...

I think this is one of my absolute FAVORITES!!!!!!!!

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...