Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thoughts.

Our house is very different now- from the last time you "saw" it. Thank goodness! I'll try to take some pictures soon. The biggest factor is that my dad is awesome. He's awesome at a lot of things- like pediatrician-ing, particularly- but he has a super power that you may not know about. 

He's Super Mr. Packing Man.

When he was in college, he was bitten by a radioactive spider...er...he worked for a moving company. He learned to pack boxes- quite literally- like a pro and how to pack a truck. He and my mom came up Tuesday and stayed until last night (Happy Belated 4th of July, by the way- I love being an American!) and Dad went into Packing Mode. All day Monday, I went through the whole house, evaluating and making decisions, and made a (actually 2) HUGE piles. I sorted one pile into all kitchen-y things, but the other pile was of whatever my hands touched that could be packed. It was quite large and rather precarious. My parents came into town, I helped a little bit, I went to Zumba for an hour, and when I came back, the piles had magically disappeared. 

Super power, I tell you.

In other news, we already have our first set of Red Sox tickets for when we get to Boston (less than a week after arrival!). I'm not a baseball fan, but apparently, if you live in Boston, you must be. Brad promised to buy me a hot dog or nachos or something, so at least I have that to look forward to.

Mom and I have already started scouting out grocery stores and coupons to help off-set those high, New England prices.

Amiee has been making a verbal list of places to visit in the week that she's there. Harvard, downtown, the bay, and maybe Freedom Trail. You know, in addition to touring Boston College and unpacking with us. 

I'm still in auto-focus, so I haven't really started processing the emotions of the fact that moving is so eminent, but I am being rather efficient. We've started our list of goodbyes that need to be made, as well as restaurants that need to be visited.

We're trucking along. Making progress. 

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...