Monday, July 2, 2012

Things to love about my life right now.

I find myself starting to feel sorry for myself a little too easily these days. It starts with feeling overwhelmed and morphs quickly into a little moping. The moping is mostly because I feel scattered and a little lost at the moment. I know why we're moving to Boston. There's no question that that's where we need to be. However, as I have no job, no friends, no church, no kids or pets, no school to pursue currently...I feel a little superfluous. I know I'll look back one day and see this as an awesome time of learning, but right now, it can be frustrating. So, in order to discipline myself NOT to think of the frustrating things, I made a list of the things I love right now:

1. I love that we still have almost two weeks to spend with friends in Jackson.

2. I love that we had a four-hour dinner with our friend, Karen, the other night. Just talking about her trip to Germany.

3. I love that we still have one more Sunday at church and are going to hang out with our small group that afternoon.

4. I love that I'm finally seeing some progress in the packing-up department. We're making headway in what we'll be storing, clearing out cabinets and closets, and letting go of things that we don't need.

5. I love that we're pulling together a last-minute 4th of July celebration, starting with Jackson friends on the 3rd and my family on the 4th. We'll get to see fireworks this year! (even if those fireworks come after we sit through a baseball game in the muggy heat)

6. I love that Amiee's taking summer classes and we can hang out before Brad and I move.

7. I love that there's a beach vacation with the Boswells on the horizon!

8. I love that I woke up to a text message with good news from a friend this morning.

9. I love that I'm getting to flex my culinary creativity muscles in an attempt to use up the food we have without spending extraneously or wasting anything.

10. I love that there may be some rain in the next few days.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep this perspective over the next few days. The house is more crowded with stuff than ever, but I take that as a good sign. We're pulling out of Jackson in 24 short days. Wow!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...