Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Around here lately: September 2017 edition

In the theme of playing catch-up, here are the Claire-isms from September.

I gave her 2 pieces of money. (dollars)

Can we watch Belle and the Beast?

I uncharged Bo's iPad. (unplugged)

If we saw Gaston, Daddy, you would need a sword to fight him. And if nobody had a sword, Bo, you could protect us. If he broke my dress, I would be very sad.

Where did you put Nana? (Where is Nana?)



Don't bash it, Daddy! (backseat driving instructions for Brad not to hit a traffic cone. He was in no danger of hitting said cone, by the way.)

That was the BEST CUPCAKE EVER, Mommy! Fank you!

I'm giving you a kiss to take with you.

You can live here with us. That's your only option, Bo.

I'm so excited that Mrs. Catherine is giving me the job! (after I told her she needed to be a helper to our friend who was watching our girls + her own 2 children while I ran an errand.)


Raiding the dress-up bin at church.

Axels and Romans, Sepulonions. (working on the books of the New Testament: Acts, Romans, Thessalonians. And no, we did not teach her that Thessalonians comes after Romans.)

Taste a little swig.

Can Lily go to school with me? I can watch her.

Daddy, I dropped that heavy on my toe.

Racket shoes = tennis shoes (I'm assuming she connected tennis shoes with Brad's love of playing racquetball.)


Snuggling a flower.

Be a good little grownup doing whatever it is you're doing!

That makes me cross. (we'd been watching a lot of Thomas the Train and enjoying their British vocabulary.)

While putting on her shoes:
Ok, Toe. Have a nice little rest!

I'm playing with the eggs. I'm not breaking them. I'm being very gentle.

Thank you for letting me grow up. I really like that.


Don't climb over, Lily!!

Why is that fire wiggling and juggling?

Windows = the lenses of my glasses

Can we just finish this conversation? I would like to watch Thomas, please.

Do you have any more talking to do for this conversation? Apparently, we have already entered the teenage years??

Come along, my darlings!


Princess pow-wow

Every time I look in her bed, her legs are longer than ever! referring to Lily

This sticker is running out of sticky.

Hal's donkey is going very fast! referring to Hallie's horse on the Lindsay Lohan Parent Trap

This is a slurpery apple.

Hide and Peek = Hide and Seek

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...