Saturday, December 30, 2017

A few Halloween pictures

Still catching up on October. We'll get caught up to real time eventually.

Growing up, my family didn't ever go Trick-or-Treating. Our churches always had big fair-like productions that we participated in (our church in central Alabama called it "Hallelujah Night," by the way). They were buckets of fun with tons of games/activities, plenty of candy, and gobs of friends (and you could dress up however you wanted; it didn't have to be biblical characters or ideas). Because this is what we did every year, I really never saw the appeal of Trick-or-Treating. It seemed so tame by comparison.

Our church here in Durham doesn't do anything for Halloween, and it seems that there aren't very many churches that do. So Trick-or-Treating it is! We have some friends that live a couple neighborhoods over who invite us to join them. Their neighborhood is much bigger than ours and gets into (a very family-friendly) Halloween. It's especially fun for our girls because the group of friends that joins up for this has a lot of little girls.

This year, Claire went as Belle, and she could not have loved her costume any more than she did. Side note: that dress is COVERED in glitter that flutters everywhere. I remembered a trick my mom taught me where you spray glittery things with hairspray, and the hairspray locks the glitter in. I held the dress over my tub and used about half a can of hairspray on it. Totally worked! It had to dry for a few hours, thanks to the copious amounts of hairspray, but the glitter litter ceased. #winning

Mom had found a fabulous tutu dress for Lily that just made Lily's life complete. It's Cinderella-themed, and I rustled up an Anna (from Frozen) crown, and she was a beautiful Princess Mix-and-Match. She was totally happy with this state of affairs.


The best shot I could get.




Lily was having a ball, and Claire was trying her hardest to help me get a good picture.



Barbara was in town and got to join in on the fun!

Everyone had a grand time and a LOT of candy was gathered by all (of the children). I guess that's a Halloween success.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...