Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Alabama Summer 2021: part 1

The girls told me no fewer than 4896739 times over the past year that it had been WAY TOO LONG since we had visited Alabama (this was, obviously, not entirely my fault, given my Hallie pregnancy + a pandemic). We made it happen this July, and Nana and Poppy made it magical. I'll have to break this into a few posts, as we packed a whole lot of fun and activity into one week.

We made it to church- on time, no less!


We had breakfast at the Blue Plate Cafe, which is a perennial favorite!


Then, we did the drive-through safari!


I squeezed into the backseat with these two girls for basically every outing we undertook.


They came right up to us...



These guys didn't. It was hot, and they couldn't be bothered. I get it.



This ENORMOUS bull got way TOO close.

Those horns were scraping along the windows of the van...and INTO the open window by my dad's face. YIKES.


Claire got a Lucy Pevensie haircut!


And Mrs. Romine came over for a visit AND a Spanish lesson!

The bear came as a teaching assistant. Trumpkin adopted Osito as her new bestie.

Hard at work!

They had the BEST time!

Then, the bear and the llama got strapped into the car (with Trumpkin) and taken on a trip around the house.

Part 2 to come!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...