Friday, October 8, 2021

LILY-ISMS: July 2021 edition

Apropos of nothing:
What is a Renaissance woman?

Good thing Claire is a big-year-old!

I'm Edmund. I have the pants.
They were divvying up roles from Narnia for pretend play.

Wearing a blue dress
This is a sky color, and I'm close to the sky!

Even though I do elbow grease, there's still a spot in the sink.
Explaining why the bathroom sink she was cleaning wasn't fully clean.

Miss Maggie had us over for a tea party so we can be fancy like grown ups.

Claire! It's pouring outside. It used to be wet. Now it's drenched!

The dog was bounding over!

Text I sent to my mom while on the way to the beach with the Boswells:
We stopped for gas, so Barbara and I took the girls in to potty. Single seater bathrooms, so Lily and I ended up using the men's room. There were no men around. We finished, met up with Barbara and Claire, and Lily YELLS, "WE HAD TO USE THE BOYS' BATHROOM," so that, literally, the entire station heard and were so tickled. A man walked into the store as she was yelling, headed to the bathroom, and just doubled over cackling.

Did you know that in Penderwick-land...
Talking about a storyline from The Penderwicks

This is not on my list of foods that I like...

The sunscreen spiced us!
Sharp, cold spray of spray sunscreen

Wait... But where's my system?
At the beach house, I had a setup of towels right inside the door to dry everyone off before they tracked water all through the house. They came in once and the towels weren't laid out for them.

The ocean tries to be my snot, and I have to get it out.
Saltwater up the nose

These aren't white spots... They're TOOTHPASTE TRACKS!

Claire: Lily, do you want to learn Spanish?
Lily: No...I want to learn Australian.

Isn't Daddy a sweetie?

There are still cleans in the dishwasher.
Cleans : clean dishes

Claire called for me to help her, so I did by calling for you!

I'm retired from that job. 
I finished that job.

This is what I retrieved from under the bed.

She loves love. 
Hallie being loved on by everyone

Thank you for providing our daily sandwich bread.
Asking the blessing

Is the mountain just for show and not to climb?
Passing a mountain while driving to Alabama

We're having a laughing way to Nana and Poppy's!
Laughing in the car with Hallie

She wanted to protect her for her badness.
Referring to Mother Gothel on Tangled

Was the car tooting?
The noise made when the car tires cross onto the shoulder

I'm honest!!
Meaning: I'm not kidding!

Lily: Did you KNOW that Mrs. Romine is MARRIED?? That Mrs. Romine in there!
Claire: I know. She told me in her letter. His name is MISTER Romine.

Can I go show the crowd?
Wanting to show something to the four of us in the next room

I just took a drive.
In the Little Tikes car at my parents'

Introducing herself, after introducing all of her sisters
This is me, I'm Lily

The stream was burbling.

Her new charm for her charm bracelet said "amazing."
Yep, that's me. Amazing!

Remember when we went to that loose animal place?
See also: Fierce animal place. Both refer to the drive-thru safari park in Huntsville.

Claire: Why is Nana running?
Lily: That's not running. That's prancing.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...