Monday, October 11, 2021

Brynnie chats: July 2021 edition

Brad: I like the sparkles on that shirt.
Brynnie: No, they're SEQUINS.

Poor ol' Tips.
Tippy the cat that we cat-sat

Erin: You're going to run errands with Daddy.
Brynnie: We're going to Arendel!
Arendel is the name of the kingdom in Frozen, and I guess she associated the sounds from "errands" and "Arendel."

Macaroni Holy Hallie!
Holy moly macaroni!

Rain jacks : rain jackets

Brynnie: I just love you, Mommy.
Erin: I just love you, too.
Brynnie: No. You say "Thank you for loving me, my darling."

Claire: I'm going to speak Spanish!
Brynna: I'm going to speak Carolina!

It's thirty clock.
Pretending to tell time

Erin: Which shell do you like?
Brynnie: This one. The power.
Erin: The sand dollar?
Brynnie: No, it's the Power and the Glory.

Those cars don't have eyes...
She was watching NASCAR with Bill and noticing that they were different than the cars in the Cars movies.

To Rachael
Lily: Thank you for bringing me back from the beach.
Rachael: You're welcome, Lily!
Brynnie: Thank you for doing something for Lily, Ray Ray!

Boosh the Smoosh
A name she/we call Hallie

These are my powers and my glory.
Some of her treasures

By Ma Cherie SENDAK!
Announcing the author of Where the Wild Things Are (which is by MAURICE SENDAK)

At the drive-thru safari park
Brynnie: What's that smell?
Erin: It's the animals.
Brynnie: Animals are STINK!

Ok. I'll do that. I'll say it 20 times.
I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure I tried desperately to convince her that she did not need to say anything 20 times.

There's a bear. And tiny ones. I like tinies.

Miss Hummus : Mr. Tumnus

Alabama : Brassart house 
She seems to think that my parents' house is Alabama. The whole thing.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...