Friday, October 14, 2022

May school things

We wrapped up our school year during the first week of May, finishing up by taking our state-required standardized test. My sister always says that you should wear Minnie ears during unpleasant tasks, so Claire took that advice to soothe some of her test anxiety.



We got it done.

Finished up our last school year read-aloud (including the baby version for Hallie)

For Claire's end-of-year project, she did a watercolor collage of pictures of some of her favorite activities, projects, or readings from this year.

I have a membership to Sarah McKenzie's Read Aloud Revival Premium, and the summer Family Book Club choice was The Hobbit. I hesitated, thinking that it would be too intense or scary for the girls, but Brad encouraged me to go for it, so we did. And the girls LOVED it! Brad read it over several weeks, and I grabbed pictures along the way:




And then I found this note that felt slightly threatening...
And no. They will not be reading LOTR any time soon.

We also went and got EVERYONE their own library cards, as I was getting tired of sharing my audiobook credits each month. Yes, this includes Hallie, so that we now have 20 additional audio credits. Mission accomplished.


When you homeschool, the line between school years is often very blurry. We *officially* wrapped up in May, but I decided to keep some basic math practice, as well as handwriting in regular daily rotation so that no one would lose any ground. See also: regular read alouds, typing, and piano practice. No rest for the weary over here, y'all.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...