Sunday, October 2, 2022

Lily's 6th birthday!

For Lily's actual birthday, Gran and Grandpa came to town to celebrate with us, and we set aside the day to hang out at our Museum of Life and Science!


Lily is our cat-loving girl, and she always gets very fun and clever cat-themed gifts.



Breakfast casserole and chocolate donuts for birthday breakfast

Siblings always love to investigate the birthday girl's new goodies

This lion's getup was especially a favorite.

Lily even wore the mane and ears on our birthday outing to the museum (I made her leave the tail at home, though)

We rarely pay the extra fee to ride the train, but we do for special occasions!

Grabbed a family photo

It genuinely thrilled me to see her wearing her mane all day.


Lily is such an incredibly fun little girl. She's hilarious and spunky and very tender-hearted and an animal lover. She feels her feelings in such a big way, and her brain works in such a clever and different pathway than mine does. 


Being her mom makes me a better version of myself (in a long-term way...often our differences bring out the worst in me in the short term, until I learn a better way to proceed). She helps me to see things I wouldn't necessarily notice on my own, and I'll always be grateful for how she makes me laugh every day.


I'm so very thankful that God gave us Lily. She's nothing like I ever expected her to be, and I'm so glad for that! Happiest of birthdays (back in April) to our Lily.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...