Sunday, October 30, 2022

LILY-ISMS: July 2022 edition

Discussing skin tone among the sisters
So... Claire and I are the sunflower part of the Ukrainian flag and Brynnie and Hallie are the sky part.

Well, it's a puzzle. You know how I am when I see a puzzle.

This is the shorty cut.

I can't be patient. I locked my patience in my bag. And the key is gone.

Your new hat is red! That's my favorite color on your head!

Bronking rhino : bucking bronco

Trumpkin likes bread from the old days, like when God was on the earth.

Bill: Girls, should Grandpa shave this week at the beach or not?
Lily: Grandpa... Just look in the mirror.

Is that guy going to run across the bridge? I'm very impressed.

Me and Claire said that in UNISON!

I gave you a hug to my heart.

Is Daddy going to be our room mom?
While discussing our homeschool plans

Relayed by our friend, Kaitlyn, who serves in children's church:
Lily in children's church to another child who really enjoyed the story:
I have a book at home that has all these stories in it.

I like you, Mommy. You're *almost* perfect.

Can we be Eloise-y twins?
Wearing our coordinating pink-and-white striped jammies

See this thing? It holds it secure.

When working math problems
Let me do the calculation.

Mommy, you're just like Isabella- you never have a bad hair day!
Referring to Isabella from Encanto

Looking at a framed picture Amiee gave them:
Oh, Bo. She was a stroooong woman indeed. She gave me a piggyback ride and then Brynnie!

When the relatives were here...
Referring to our visit from my aunt and uncle 

Brynnie, shhh! I'm on the phone with Trumpkin!

Mommy, I believe it's raining cats and dogs.

In the deep end, when I try to stand up, I plunge underwater.

I can't get that for you, Brynn. I'm tucked into my safe haven.

Discussing her dress
There are pockets everywhere. That's a relief!

Mommy, I can soften the blow by saying it's 4 weeks until we move. Because it's closer to 4 weeks not 3.

You forgot to do a dog lick on the page!
Dog ear a page in a book

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...