Friday, March 23, 2012

The Can't-Accept-My-Age Challenge

On Pinterest, I think I called this one the "creepy fake mother" challenge. I actually had a difficult time picking out a villain to emulate (in clothing only, of course). I landed on this:


Yes, I realize that this is a very dramatic pose. Brad laughed out loud. I thought it was fitting, given that my villain does this move a lot. As seen here:


This week, I was Mother Gothel. Ooooh...creepy. She has issues with aging and can't bear to look remotely older than, what, 30-something? I can't really tell in the movie. She's really about 30 times a billion years old and looks extremely yucky when her anti-aging tactic fails her.

Character: Mother Gothel from Tangled.

Outfit:
*Dress was a gift from Karen. She had a mix-up with the company and they ended up sending her two.
*Jacket is about 10+ years old and I have no memory of where it came from. I think I might have had it in high school.
*Belt is from Francesca's right at the end of 2011.

Disneybound inspiration board:


I think I sort of matched the board fairly well this week. Yay, me! I should probably start working on next week's villain now. Any suggestions??
Images from here and here.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I think you should go for the hyenas from Lion King, a neutral base with a hint of safari. Its right up your alley!

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...