Thursday, March 22, 2012

Resolutions Revisited

The whole point in posting my "goals" for this year was to have some kind of accountability for myself (even if my mom, Kat, and Mrs. Tidwell are the only ones keeping up with things). So, here's my update thus far:

1. Amiee and I are "so far, so good" on our clothing challenge. I haven't bought a single thing! For the most part, I haven't even been tempted. I did find two swimsuits that I REALLY would like to buy (thanks a lot, Pinterest). Here and here. Think they'll still be around next year? Perhaps it's a good lesson in contentment.

2. I'm doing really well on my reading goal. Three months in and I've tackled five books: The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay, and Same Kind of Different as Me. We'll see if I can keep it up.

3. Our ethnic food cooking goal is a little behind. We (thanks to Mom) had kusherie (Egyptian) in January, but we never got around to any ethnic cooking in February, unless you count Mediterranean-inspired pasta. On second thought, maybe we will count that. :) For March, we just tried out a Cuban recipe found on Pinterest.

4. The Union t-shirt quilt hasn't really happened yet, other than me sorting through the t-shirts and finding myself overwhelmed at the number of shirts we own.

5. The wedding scrapbook is actually going quite well. I'm stalled on it until I can get over to Hobby Lobby again.

6. I have not visited a new, cool city yet. It's only March, though.

7. The dining chairs have not been reupholstered yet...

8. I'm going to ignore my number 8 challenge...shhh...forget I even mentioned it... (unless you count going with Brad the last time he had his hair cut and watching/picking up tips. I haven't actually tried it yet. Scared face...).

I'm going to add a new goal, though, with a big life change (moving for graduate school) in mind: culling through our belongings and aiming to scale back on things we don't use very often (or ever). I foresee a smaller abode with limited storage options in our future.

Here's hoping I keep my momentum up!

3 comments:

Karen Tidwell said...

Erin: Thanks for the mention and I do follow your blog--I check just about daily. In fact, you often inspire me to go look at or check out something--you really have peaked my interest in a lot of things (Wentworth puzzles for example--I have ordered and put together two). I was going to ask about a recent post related to Brad and the ethics of food--I am very curious about that. I think you are doing great.
Love,
Mrs. Tidwell

bo said...

I still read your blog! I love your Disney inspired wardrobes!

Jaclyn.... said...

Still reading when I can!!! Unfortunately, I'm writing too many papers to blog much these days. Miss you!

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...