Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend activities

Y'all. I think I may be growing up. Or turning into a pioneer woman (only, I'm the kind that doesn't enjoy the outdoors too much and would definitely have been trampled by buffalo in my attempt to cross the country in an un-air conditioned covered wagon).

This weekend, I made hummus (like, out of chickpeas and tahini--- that stuff is pricey. Ouch), salsa, two loaves of bread, and Cuban food.

I blame it on Ukraine; I had to do so much from scratch. I also blame it on this blog. And that Brad is really into the ethics of food, producing food, and eating it.

All I have to say is that it results in a LOT of dishes.

1 comment:

Daniel and Molly said...

Erin,
I'm so proud of you! All that sounds so yummy! Lots of the ladies where I work are very into making their own bread, etc. I must admit--I also enjoy making homemade bread and jellies. We could go live with Anne and Marilla and be right at home. Although I'm not sure they'd be brave enough to try hummus. Too exotic...what would Rachel Lynde say? :)
Molly

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...