Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Evil Sorceress Challenge

I could probably also title this one the "scared-me-silly-as-a-child" challenge. It's true. I was easily frightened by fictitious cartoon characters. However, I did think that all of the characters in this film were all very pretty: even the villainess (I'm not sure this is a word...). Here's my take on her from this week:

That's the best I got at "evil sorceress" in the pose department. I should definitely work on it. Any guesses at who I'm going for?

Maleficent! I decided to forego the creepy bird. I generally like birds, but this one is out of control. Also, does anyone agree with me that she's kind of a pretty villainess (if you ignore her yellow eyes and the fact that her skin is green)?

Character: Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty

Outfit:
*Purple shirt from Ross 2011
*Black jacket/shrug from Papaya 2010
*Gray pants from New York & Co. 2008 (yes, they made the Ukrainian sojourn with me)
*The green necklace (and earrings) that you can't really see I'm wearing is from Mom from a looooong time ago. It was supposed to be a subtle nod to our green-skinned villainess.
*Gold belt from New York & Co. 2011

Disneybound inspiration board:

I think this is one of the ones that I actually hit a little closer to the mark than usual. In an interesting turn of events, Amiee and I did something we haven't done thus far this week. Check her character out here (caveat: she's been super busy this weekend and may not get to update until Sunday. Oh, the suspense!).

I'll update soon on the continuing graduate school sage. Have a lovely Saturday.

Images from here and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...