Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Great Rat Challenge

I struggled SO much with picking out a villain and an outfit for this week. It was ridiculous how difficult I made it on myself. Oi. Additionally, I didn't actually get around to wearing my outfit until today- the day where I went no where and saw no one (I'm not really as hermit-like as I sound. I have friends.). Thus, I had to take my own picture. So sorry for the poor quality.


I realize that this outfit very possibly looks like other outfits I've already worn, AND it's very neutral-heavy. Several reasons: 1. Villains tend to wear black 2. My closet is very heavily saturated in neutrals. Perhaps this says something about me...? After looking at this shot, I realize how- after so much thinking and frustrating about this outfit- it looks as though I put zero effort into it. Gee whiz. This is the wicked mammal I was going for:


Ratigan...boo hiss. I really enjoyed this particular film as a child. I think my auntie got it for us, and Amiee and I wore it out. However, I haven't seen it in forever (one reason very well may be that it was a VHS...) and feel as though I need a refresher. What is it about mouse movies that speaks to the hearts of children? I remember loving the Fievel movies, as well as the Rescuers movies. All mice. Is it because they're underdogs? Or perhaps because film makers and storytellers want children not to fear mice or see them as infectious? Whatever the reason, my enthusiasm for The Great Mouse Detectives probably spurred on my abiding interest in Sherlock Holmes. Hurrah for intelligent, sleuthing mice!

Character: Ratigan from The Great Mouse Detectives

Outfit:
*Gray top from New York & Co. 2010
*Black shrug...I have no memory. It was a post-Ukraine purchase, though.
*Red earrings are from Ukraine.
*I was also wearing red shoes, but I was too photographically challenged to include the shoes. They, however, were post-tornado purchases from Target (2008). Amiee has the same ones, and our friend, Kylie, has the same ones in black and brown. She was a smart girl. I should have done that.

Disneybound inspiration board:


I'm not sure that anyone is actually going to see me wearing this outfit today, except for maybe Brad, depending on when he returns from his trip (to visit one of his potential grad schools). Hopefully, my outfit next week will be more inspired. Here's hoping I get an inspiration soon, as next week is about 36 hours away.

Also, any thoughts on the mouse issue? Is it just me?

Images from here and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...