Monday, April 30, 2012

Little update on the to-do list!


few posts ago, I posted my initial list of to-do's before our move to Boston in just a few short months (we still don't have an update on when or into what we will move, but we will be going up for a whirlwind apartment-hunting trip in just a few weeks!). I was inspired with this list- in part- by a series of posts on Young House Love where they tackle neglected projects that have been piling up (they call it their "Dude, get on that already" project).

I've maintained some motivation this week and actually gotten a couple of things done! Here's an updated list:

1. Gather up and deliver the bags of items to be donated to the youth group garage sale, as well as the J Crib garage sale. (I actually have four bags ready to go---they're just hanging out in the back of my car right now.) We got four or five bags dropped off to the youth group! I still have things that will need to be donated and have started on the next round of bags.

2. Finish packing up (as in boxing up) the remainder of our winter clothes. Tape and label. (I started this process for my clothes a few weeks ago.)

3. Sort through and evaluate items in our closets: bedroom, office, guestroom, coat closet, and game closet. We're blessed with a lot of closets! (I need to get this done preferably before the aforementioned garage sales.)

4. Sort through all of our magazines and determine which to keep and which to donate. Check! I sorted through my Real Simples (granted, I didn't get rid of many of those), Southern Livings (I didn't get rid of just tons of those, either...I figure I'll want their inspiration and comfort when living far away from the South), All Yous (don't worry- I clipped all the coupons and recipes out first!), and my beloved National Geographics (my parents unexpectedly got me a subscription several years ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed them). I already gave the NG's that I didn't keep to Julie to use with her kids, and the other magazines are awaiting a final destination. If anyone is interested, holler at me!

5. Finish up the pile of in-progress crafts and projects so that those items will be completed (and thereby consolidated/excess stuff thrown away) before moving.

6. Go through the storage boxes that have been under the beds all year and literally haven't been gone through once. I think this says a few things: a) we don't need that stuff b) we don't know what to do with it or c) there are treasures in there that I will kick myself for not discovering before now.

The list isn't diminishing by leaps and bounds or anything, but it's nice to see progress, all the same. The unfortunate part is that as soon as I can strike one thing off the list, 3 more things pop up. C'est la vie...

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...