Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Fishy Challenge

I'm probably the only person in America who wasn't impressed by the movie this character is from. I attribute part of that to the fact that I was out of the country when the movie came out. When I returned, everyone was raving that it was the BEST Disney movie ever made...and I think that had my expectations too high. When I watched it, I kept thinking, "When is this going to turn into the best Disney movie of all time?" It didn't. At least not for me. Don't get me wrong- it's cute. It's just not- in my opinion- the best one ever.

All that to say, here's my character:


I was going for:


Nemo. The fish with unbalanced fins. Bless him.

Character: Nemo from Finding Nemo.

Outfit:
*Orange top from Ross...either 2010 or 2011. Probably 2011.
*Black skirt from Old Navy circa 2000.
*Black belt from many moons ago. I don't even remember when or from where. I had it in college. That I know.
*Leaf (if you squint, they could look like coral/sea fans) earrings are from Dress Barn 2010.

Disneybound inspiration board:


I hope everyone can still be friends with me after confessing my thoughts on Nemo...please?

Images from here and here.

1 comment:

Kat said...

What?! How did I not know this about you? Not liking Finding Nemo is a bit of a relationship speed bump. I am just going to attribute it to the presence of whales, murky water and creepy light-up fish. We can still be best friends.

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...