Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Patriotic Challenge

This is actually last week's character...so sorry for running behind!

As the Olympics have been going strong and the US has been represented so well, it seemed fitting to do a little patriotic tribute. Now, I realize that this character is not Disney. However, Disneybound did create an outfit for him, so I think we all recognize him as a great character.

I think my dad will appreciate this one. I was going for his favorite superhero:

Captain America! How great was The Avengers, by the way? I saw it twice in the theater. I didn't have a trash can lid-shield, so I had to settle for a stock pot lid. Do what you have to do, right?

Character: Captain America

Outfit:
*Navy, "star-spangled" top from Ross 2010.
*Red earrings from Ukraine 2009.
*Shield from the pots and pans cabinet.

Disneybound (loosely speaking) inspiration board:
Sorry for playing catch-up! I'm working on it...Thanks for hanging in there!

Images from here and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...