Thursday, December 17, 2020

Around here lately: September 2020 edition

Oops! Someone got out of school!
Laundry fell and got separated from the pile she was carrying.

Practicing her presentation for homeschool co-op:
Claire: Remember it's only 2 minutes!
Nana: Ok. We'll practice again and I'll time you. 
Claire: Well... I usually do it in a timely manner.

We showed Claire a baby picture of herself.
Oh! I was SO CUTE!

I'm adding detail to my "All About Me" book.

The Huns are right there! We've got to retreat!
Pretend play after watching Mulan.

Erin: That's my step stool. I got it from my grandparents.
Claire: That's a very old stool.

I could walk to the grocery store from here. Although I need gps.

Lily: We need to go in a car. Who can take us?
Claire: Me! Except I don't know how to drive.

Mr. Bruce found evidence of mice.
Reporting on one of our neighbor's garden situation

While pretend playing
Come to the VA, if you need me!
Should be noted: Brad's dad is a doctor at a VA.

The zipper slurped up my sheets!

God has his own art supplies that are better.
Referring to creation

Right now I wish I was a rabbit. So I could hear.
Her sisters were being loud during the SS lesson

Did you know Adam was born grown up like Boss Baby?
Adam of Genesis fame

She talks really bossy...
Referring to Brynnie. She wasn't wrong.

Praying:
...And keep Nana healthy because she's allergic to about 1,000 things.

I just like being a big sister!

Is she still learning how to live a human life on the outside?
Hallie

Autumn is approaching, Mommy!

Overheard while talking with Lily about growing up/becoming mommies:
I'm not saying that you WON'T have girls... But mommy was just lucky to have girls!

You're not helping, Daddy. If you want to help, you need to be encouraging.

I don't know who invented toothpaste, but I know who painted Starry Night! Van Gogh 

To Amiee, regarding one of Claire's very loose teeth:
If you were worried about missing anything with my tooth, you didn't. We're going to wait until tomorrow.



I definitely don't want to be in this game because everybody is pushing each other down.
Football game

Amiee: Claire, you want to hit the lights?
Claire: It would be my honor!

There are only going to be two reasons that I go to the bathroom: 1. To pull out my tooth or 2. To use the bathroom.

Mommy, I miss Nana. She seems to add fun to everything...

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...