Sunday, December 27, 2020

September 2020: a recap

 I'm going to be playing catch-up for a loooong time. Sorry about that. Four kids is a lot of kids. Hope you enjoy!

Much of September is a blur in my memory, so I'm thankful for phones that can take pictures easily and for family members who snap pictures when I'm not right there. What a time to be alive!

Obviously, we didn't have a baby in September, as we had her in August, instead. However, this still popped up on my phone, right on time:

I'm really grateful I didn't end up having to have a 12:30 Caesarean- you have to fast the whole time prior to your surgery!

Brad carried on with his studies. As you can see, he and his colleagues are just very very smart:


One of our friends from church (who is also in his track), posted this on Instagram, and I was SO tickled! Brad is the guy in the middle of the left column.

We had some new neighbors move in next door, and they have a cat. Who hung out on our back porch one afternoon, much to Lily's delight:


Watching the cat's every move

Brad and I needed to go to the bank, and he wore this into downtown Chapel Hill:

In case that means nothing to you, that's like wearing head-to-toe orange and blue into Tuscaloosa. He says he didn't realize it until I pointed it out. I'll let you decide if he should be believed.

My friend, Krista, sent the girls the most perfect shirts for our ever-expanding girl gang:





Who run the world?
GIRLS!

Our neighbor was making macarons for her son's wedding and whipped up a box for us, as well!



We celebrated my dad's and Amiee's birthdays while they were with us, and this was Lily, making sure the cake stayed right where it was supposed to:


Or maybe she was just planning her attack...

Here's what I did with much of my time:


I tried to make sure to do plenty of this, too (as well as with the other two):

Please note the ever-present heating pad for the post-op recovery process. #sofancy

And Amiee, as always, did a great job grabbing pictures of things that she'd knew I'd want:









Given that it's 2020 and everything is out of sorts, it was a great month.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...