Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Some Baby Boswell Updates

The last time I wrote about baby stuff/pregnancy, I was very much in the midst (or perhaps depths?) of pregnancy wretchedness. To keep things completely honest, I'm still not a huge fan of being pregnant. I am really excited about our baby, but I have not enjoyed being pregnant. I'm in the middle of week 21 (which, by the way, is fully in the middle of the second trimester- a time when you're supposed to feel great and be full of energy...not the case at all), and I'm still dealing with a LOT of nausea. Thankfully, I have a good nausea medication now, which is helping. Sort of. But, on-the-whole, I'm feeling a bit better. Yay!

Except... I've developed an incredibly painful sciatic nerve situation. Some days, it's so bad that all I can do is hobble. This is bad, as Boston is a very pedestrian place. It can take quite a long time to get from one place to the next. I've been spending a lot of time with my heating pad.

In happier news, we found out that we're having a girl! I was completely convinced that we were having a boy. We had a boy name locked, loaded, and ready-to-roll. I'd been eyeing baby boy things on Pinterest, and the majority of our friends and family were also guessing boy. Surprise! She's a girl. We're excited! And narrowing down name options. I also think I've felt her move a couple of times.

Things are looking up, I think. And, now I have a new hobby: browsing for cute girl stuff. :)


No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...