Monday, October 29, 2012

Politics make me squirm, but...

Since I've had several pregnancy updates recently, I thought I'd tell you a little about my life that doesn't have anything to do with my state of health. My friend, Breanne, came to visit a few weeks ago (literally 36 hours after my ER visit...did I mention that health-related adventure? No? Well, I already promised not to talk about my state of health in this post.), and we had a great time visiting and doing the tourist thing around Boston. We went out for clam chowder (well, she and Brad got clam chowder...all things from the sea make me gag) and walked down to the harbor. We went to Louisa May Alcott's house in Concord (which was a great outing, by the way), and walked the Freedom Trail (although, one of the main attractions on our list we managed not to pass...it was ridiculous. And rather cold that day). 

It was great fun having Breanne visit! In addition to the touristy things, we also hung out and played Ticket to Ride: Europe with our friend Karl, who is working on the Romney campaign. That's right...we know someone working on a presidential campaign. How crazy is that? He gets to do all kinds of cool stuff (no matter what side of politics you may fall on) and meet folks who are pretty hot topics right now. Seriously, he has a picture with one Paul Ryan.

Anyway, a couple days after hearing some of Karl's adventures, Breanne and I found something politically hilarious on the Freedom Trail. In the courtyard of the Old City Hall, there's this:


It's a donkey because the current local leadership is primarily of the Democratic party. That's kind of funny to have a metal donkey in the courtyard...but the really funny part is this:


If you happen to be on the other side of the political fence, you have the option to stand in opposition (see the inscription underneath the elephant/Republican shoes?).

Oh, Boston. You kill me.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...