Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sleepless in Boston

I don't sleep well when I'm my normal self. When I'm my normal self, I take a sleep medication to help with the situation. Since I can't currently take medication (at least not anything strong enough to keep me asleep), I've spent a lot more time than usual playing with my Kindle Fire while Brad snoozes away. 

A couple months ago, I came across a blog that makes me laugh so hard it hurts. I came across it at a time when I really needed a good reason to laugh, which means I'm probably indebted to this blogger. Her name is Rachel, she's from Birmingham, and her blog is called Grasping for Objectivity in My Subjective Life.

I found her through a link posted on a Facebook friend's wall. I was intrigued by the topic of the link: "Gap and Old Navy sell Gateway Mom Jeans." Obviously, I had to check it out. After reading it, I had to follow up with some other related posts like this. Then, I noticed that she had a post about Downton Abbey, which I needed to know about. This led to lots of link following and LOTS of laughing. I've particularly enjoyed reading her posts filed under "Pregnancy: The Psychoses." It's like she's in my head.

So, if you have some free time*, I recommend you check out Rachel's blog. She's a mom of two cute kids, loves Jesus, an accountant, a jeans afficianado, and an unapologetic commentator on life. I can't stop reading her posts. In fact, I felt the baby kick for the very first time while reading Rachel's thoughts on life. They lift my spirits and make me laugh so hard that I'm always afraid I'll wake up Brad. Bless him.


*Warning: You may get sucked in. You might want to carve out some time for this reading experience.


No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...