Thursday, January 28, 2021

Around here lately: November 2020 edition

Claire is such a sweet-hearted, sensitive soul. It is a real joy to get to watch her grow.

I want to plant a seed for God's Kingdom.

It's helicopter season!
The "helicopter" seeds from pine trees that kids like to throw in the air and then watch twirl to the ground. And me. I like it, too.

When talking about registering to vote:
Erin: You have to be 18, not a convicted felon...
Claire: But what if I'm FRAMED??

Talking with me about the squabbles that Lily and Brynna have on the daily:
They're like a magnet that won't come together. I'm clipped together with Brynna- we get along great! I'm pretty much clipped with the whole family. They'll get along with their magnets flipped around.

While watching Despicable Me, predicting what will happen next:
Make a Minion chain!!

Referring to Brynn's enthusiastic "Amen!" at the end of her prayer:
I love how she says that so aggressively.

Water is a popular drink.

Claire: I think I could be a painter what I grow up. Is that a job?
Erin: Yes, it is. It doesn't always pay a whole lot.
Claire: Well, I can be a painter, and my husband can have another job and make more money.

Brynna's coming! Places, everyone!

Nana, you'll be here for the start of preparation!
Referring to Christmas decorating

I figured out where Alaska is. It's on Canada.

Mommy! Lily won't read inside her head. It's distracting me.
They have reading lamps that they can keep on for half an hour after getting in bed. Lily sometimes likes to "read" rather loudly. 

We had to wait a beat longer than usual at Chick-Fil-A, and Amiee told everyone to hold their horses. Amiee checked in on how the horse-holding was going and Claire said:
I had a spare horse, so I let it go.

Wrote a letter to Trumpkin from Trumpkin's cat family:
Look, Lily! A letter from Trumpkin's family!
(whispers as an aside to me) Mommy, it's really from me!

Erin: I need to put the skirt on the Christmas tree.
Claire: Ohhh! It's a girl tree!

We're watching our favorite leaf show!
Watching the wind blow leaves down from the trees

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...