Friday, January 29, 2021

LILY-ISMS: November 2020 edition

Y'all, this girl keeps us in stitches. Hope she entertains you, too!

I have a fur-lection friend named Lily.
A reflection friend

Barbara: Lily, your dress is so pretty.
Lily: I"m going to be president of the club.
Barbara: What club?
Lily: The Pretty Girl Club.

It's so quiet in here except for my talkin' and Hallie's noisin'.

Trumpkin got really frustrated at you when you didn't make her a matryoshka costume. But she still likes you.
Lily lobbied HARD for me to make Trumpkin a Halloween matryoshka costume to go with our set. I just couldn't pull it together, though. This was the response.


Trumpkin's Thanksgiving meal

I can click-sing!
Making a song by clicking her tongue

Brynnie, would you keep social distance, please?
Wanting Brynna to keep away from a tower she built

Mommy, you did a good job standing up for what's right.
After I had disciplined Brynna for doing something to Lily. I guess she wanted to make sure I got positive reinforcement.

I ate it so fast- just like Claire's fast reading!


She made a paper doll of herself

Hallie, you are the sweetiest sister to Owney!
Owney is a stuffed dog

Belt seat : seat belt

Oh! Mommy! Hallie did a waterfall out of her mouth!

What?? What is the Trumpkin pain??
She heard someone on the news say "Trump Campaign"

The squirrel looked at me and didn't run away because I smiled at it. We're going to have our own squirrel pet.

Stop, Daddy! You're hurting it!
Shredding the brisket he had spent all day smoking

Erin: Lily, I love that dress on you.
Lily: You have to say "Bagheera."
We had just watched Jungle Book

Don't worry, Claire. Don't cry again. You JUST cried!

Popcorn dog : corn dog

My heart was beeping SO FAST!
beeping : beating

Erin: Good morning!
Lily: Mommy, I have a gorilla friend at the woody-woods.
Erin: Oh...right.

I KNOW. You've told me MANY times, Claire.

That was too much funny!

Injury balls : energy balls 


The injury balls in question

I can't just stop getting my eyes off of her.
Her = Trumpkin

She can juggle with her tail.
Trumpkin, apparently

It's not juice. It's SOUDER.
Actually, it was cider.

Erin to Nana: She is a good color-er.
Lily: Yes. I am.

Thank you for giving me Claire's old jammies, Mommy!
The next-size-up hand-me-downs, bless her sweet heart.

Drops her toothbrush
Whoa! That was a fun ride for a toothbrush!!

We stand by the thing that's like a hat with our name on it.
Referring to our family cone at co-op, marking our socially-distanced spot for morning assembly

Nana, I once went to A REAL post office! In Jonesbarrow with Gran!

My hands are covered with flowers!
Flowers : flour

Did you see me go booty-naked?

Wearing new, striped panties
I look like a chair at the beach!

I know the mystery. That Jesus had rose again. That's the mystery.
Leading up to Christmas and Easter, the Sunday school lessons talk about the Great Mystery.

I wrangled up the cows.
Pretend cows

It's cold outside. That's why we need to wear these warm ingredients.
Coats, hats, mittens

Mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy...
Mommy, I have a lot to say!
Wanted me to stop talking so that she could speak her thoughts

Nana: Can y'all stay in here and behave?
Lily: Oh yeah! Claire can be in charge. She can do all kinds of grown-up stuff.

Can you fast-forward it back?
Rewind

This is what I call "pump the jelly." See the jelly coming up?
Squeezing her sandwich so jelly would come out the sides

I just saw them kiss lips together!

Brynnie just loves the samples that are goodies.
Referring to Brynnie sneaking gingerbread house-making supplies

We're just troublemakers.
Referring to herself and Amiee while making gingerbread houses

Yay, Auburn! He just rolled over a Redcoat!
During the Iron Bowl

Bo, aren't you just so glad to have guests up here?
The girls were "keeping her company" while she was trying to get ready for the day

Trumpkin and Gracie are going to a Frenchpolean dance. And it's a blutenberg.
I have no idea.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...