Monday, September 5, 2022

February friends

When you have a bigger-ish family and hang out with other bigger-ish families and then get together at a park in the middle of the week to celebrate a birthday...you might look like a small school field trip. Which happened to us on a random Tuesday in February when our family of 4 kids met up with two other families of 4 kids. Always a trip, it is.





It's always fun to hang out with like-minded friends whose kids' ages roughly line up with your own kids' ages. Praises for those moments!

Not long after our park hangout, a handful of those same kids came over to my house on a Friday morning for about 4 hours while their parents hustled to finish packing up their house (so they could move 15 minutes down the road the next day. Not far, far away.). Now, my house is not really large enough for 7 children, and I don't really have much of a yard (#townhouselife), so we had to get a bit creative. Which we did! And it was fun!

I bought one of these old school parachutes a few months before and then put it to GOOD USE this particular day. We played parachute games for over an hour. A truly solid investment on my end.

At snack time, they thought it would be fun to all crowd into the BCU with Hallie while I read Mercy Watson. Whatever works, kids.

I eventually walked across the street to the playground with everyone to round out our morning.



I was pretty well wrung out by the end of this play date, but everyone had a blast, and my friends were able to accomplish what they wanted to on their move that morning, so I count it all as a WIN! Fun with friends on a Friday in February. How fabulous.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...